On Tuesday, actress Kriti Sanon will celebrate her 31st birthday in New Delhi (July 27). Mimi is a comedy-drama directed by Laxman Utekar that will be released later this year. The actress made her acting debut in 2014 and has been working hard to improve her craft since.
Here are some lesser-known facts about the actress that you might not have known.
1. In 2014, Kriti made her acting debut in Sukumar’s Telugu psychological thriller 1: Nenokkadine, in which she played the lead role.
2. The actress made her Bollywood debut in the same year with Sabbir Khan’s “Heropanti,” in which she co-starred with Tiger Shroff, who was also making his debut.
The film Heropanti earned Kriti the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her performance in it.
2. Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, awarded Kriti an engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunication.
5. Kriti is a native of Delhi. The actress attended the well-known Delhi Public School, RK Puram, where she received her education.
6. It is rumoured that the actress was in a relationship with late actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
7. In September 2016, Kriti launched her own clothing line, which she named ‘Ms. Taken’ after her mother.
8. Kriti is a kathak dancer who has received formal training.
9. The actress is a lifelong admirer of Salman Khan.
10. The monsoon season is Kriti’s favourite season.
On the work front, the actress has a slew of projects in the works, which she is excited about. Kriti will appear in a number of films, including Laxman Utekar’s Mimi, Amar Kaushik’s Bhediya, Farhad Samji’s Bachchan Pandey, and Om Raut’s Adipurush, among others.