US pop star Britney Spears says she is taking a break from social media to “celebrate her engagement”.
Spears, 39, announced her engagement to long-term boyfriend Sam Asghari last week.
Spears told fans on Twitter after deleting her Instagram account, “Don’t worry… I’ll be back soon.”
She has used her social media accounts to keep fans up to date on her fight to end a 13-year conservatorship that has had control over both her personal life and finances.
When concerns about her mental health were raised in 2008, the conservatorship arrangement was imposed.
According to several US news outlets, the singer posted on Instagram on Tuesday, saying, “I’ve waited 13 years and counting for my freedom.”
She also expressed gratitude to the Free Britney movement, a fan-led campaign to remove her from conservatorship.
Her Instagram account was later deleted, much to the chagrin of her followers.
The actress later confirmed the news on Twitter.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Spears has used Instagram to document her daily life and has become more vocal about the conservatorship battle in recent months.
After appearing in court last June, she took to social media to apologise to fans for “pretending like I’ve been OK” while under what she called a “abusive” conservatorship.
It was the star’s first official comment on the legal battle since her testimony.
She said that she had not spoken out before due to “pride”.
Jamie Spears, Spears’ father, was granted conservatorship over his daughter’s estate and other aspects of her life by a court order.
Due to health issues, Mr. Spears stepped down as conservator of his daughter’s personal affairs in 2019 and was replaced by Jodi Montgomery, the singer’s long-time care manager.
However, he was still in charge of his daughter’s business arrangements.
The singer had refused to perform under his supervision.
Last week Jamie Spears filed papers in a Los Angeles court to end the conservatorship. A court hearing is scheduled for 29 September.